Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Mike's Musings on the Town of Farragut Elections...

Well, Early Voting has started and I've already taken part of my civic duty. If you haven't, get out there and vote! You can vote at the Farragut Town Hall or the Knox County Election Commission until March 31st (with the exception of this Friday and Sunday). Or you can wait and vote on April 5th at Farragut High.

Has the campaign for Mayor has taken a bitter turn from the incumbent's side (or is it just me?) So far, Bill John's campaign seems to be the only one looking at the future of Farragut as opposed to the "right now". I congratulate and encourage Mr. Johns to continue to run his issues-focused campaign and ignore the rest of the BS.

Mayor Ford claims that this is a premiere residential community. Well, he's right on 1/2 of that (I'll let you guess which 1/2).

If Premiere means that we have dilapidated or shoddy-looking buildings, o.k.
If Premiere means boarded up businesses and malls, o.k.
If Premiere means overcrowded schools, o.k.
If Premiere means nothing for our young people to do here in town, o.k.
f Premiere means no fire protection, o.k. (You have to purchase a "membership" through Rural/Metro--BTW, this amounts to a non-tax-deductible property tax IMHO!)
If Premiere means people can speed through and get away with it, o.k.
If Premiere means no law enforcement, o.k. (Our protection is via the Knox County Sheriff's Dept.)

Just my opinion.

--
The original opinions shown on this blog are mine unless quoted from someone else via "" marks and () showing source. Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. Go ahead.
--
A wise man once said, "When it comes to politics, listen to the extremes and the real truth is somewhere in the middle!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home