Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Friday, March 25, 2005

I'm mad @ Idiotic Drivers in Farraugt

Yes, that's how I feel right now. There appears to be such a rush to get somewhere that people are willing to do just about anything to get to that next stoplight a few seconds in front of me. Now I drive a mid-sized SUV, and I drive typically no more than 5mph over the posted limit (at least within the town and county roads, when it comes to the interstate, now I have a totally different opinion on that). Since the first day I moved down here, people treat me as if I'm driving a "stealth car" when they pull out right in front of me (especially if there aren't any cars behind me), or they'll treat me like I'm some "moving roadblock" if they're behind me. Just this morning on my way to work, there were a couple of these guys flying by @ about 60mph on Parkside Drive! This has got to stop. And since there currently is not much enforcement of speed in Knox County, I'm thinking there should be a means of getting these folks off the street.

Here's my proposal--
1. Mount a paintball gun in the grill of vehicles with 10 rounds that they may reload monthly.
2. For every idiotic maneuver by someone in front of them, the driver may shoot however many paintballs at the offending vehicle up to their limit.
3. When a vehicle has accumulated 10 "pings", a sensor goes up and flags a patrolman who then is required to ticket the primary driver for reckless endangerment.
4. If a vehicle accumulates 100 pings, the car should be impounded and the primary driver sent for driver "re-education" course(s).
5. Remember, each vehicle is only allowed 10 shots/month, so they have to be really conservative on when to pull that trigger.

Note: We could use those "laser-taggers", but personally, I'd want to see that the effect of the "ping" on the idiot's car.

This may be a bit extreme, but I'll tell you in some countries if you speed even 1mph over the posted limit, there is a light that comes on in your car that starts blinking, giving you 30 seconds to pull over before the car shuts down. This signals a police officer who walks over, gives you a ticket and then resets the switch. Meanwhile, you and your car just sit there until the cop comes and hands you a ticket whether that is 1 minute or a week!

What do y'all think? Comment and LMK.

--
Note:The original opinions shown on this blog are mine unless quoted from someone else via "" marks and () showing source. Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!" BTW, I ask for registered users to comment only because I'd like to get to know each and every person that does, o.k.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home