Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

GOP lawmakers embrace their spending side - washingtonpost.com Highlights

GOP lawmakers embrace their spending side - washingtonpost.com Highlights - MSNBC.com

Now is it just me, or are the Republicans being a tad hypocritical here? They're supposed to be the ones that support cutting deficits (and taxes) and spending within their means. However, this year, we're in for more deficits that our children, grand-children, great-grand-children and great-great-grandchildren are going to be paying for, and they're GLOATING about it! The time has come that someone in our gov't is either going to stop spending money they don't have or we're going to have to raise taxes on those that can afford to pay them. Otherwise, we're going to have to raise taxes on everyone to pay for it. It's gotten to the point where the wealthy run the country and the poor and middle-class pay for their wealth! I've had enough of this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home