Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Monday, March 28, 2005

Try being a Governor and craft a budget.

Ever wonder how hard it is be the Mayor, Governor or President?

Well go to this link and find out how hard it is to craft a balanced budget. Well, I tried and gave up after 3 rounds. I thought it'd be easy, you know smooze a few legislators, submit a budget that people could live with and be the next President. Boy was I wrong! It is such a tightrope walk trying to balance the needs of your state while facing an income shortage. Too bad we can't be like the Federal Government and raise our own Credit Limit (otherwise known as the debt ceiling)!

Try it out and let me know if you were successful!

--
Note:The original opinions shown on this blog are mine unless quoted from someone else via "" marks and () showing source. Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!" BTW, I ask for registered users to comment only because I'd like to get to know each and every person that does, o.k.

A wise man once told me "Listen to the opinions of the extremes and you'll discover that the truth is somewhere in the middle."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home