Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Is there such a thing...

...as a meaningless "fling"? I pondered that thought most of today after only getting 3 hours of sleep. Of course, that was a thing of my own making since I was stupid enough to stay out until 3am when I had to be at work by 7am. But back to the fling thing...since I have never been involved in anything other than serious relationships, I've been thinking that maybe a fling would suit me well. But, since, I have no idea on how to even begin to do this, I am asking the first and to me the most obvious question. If you've got answers, post a comment or send me an e-mail.

--
Note:The original opinions shown on this blog are mine unless quoted from someone else via "" marks and () showing source. Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!"
--
A wise man once told me "Listen to the opinions of the extremes and you'll discover that the truth is somewhere in the middle."

1 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM, August 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey babe,
    Listen to your heart. I am not all about the fling thing. But then again it's been awhile since I was in the single boat, and I am not jealous. I am sorry that you are going through such a hard time. You will meet someone, but give it time. If you are looking for a fling, just be careful. A fling is a meaningless short burst of pleasure; often times followed by and even worse low than you were on before. That might not be a good thing. Bars are good places to look for a fling, but not a good place to meet some one for something more serious. How many people do you know that are a happy couple that says we met at the bar and have now been together for 25 years? I don't know any. I do know a few who met at the bar, had a very drama filled relationship for 6 mos to a year. But the drama has sense then wiped all good and happy thoughts out of their lives. So just be patient. If you want a fling, you wouldn't be thinking about it so much. You are almost romanticizing it. No romance in a fling baby. But then again that's just my opinion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home