Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Apparently I'm sweet, but not for her....

Well, I asked a woman out, and I got an interesting response. She said that I was "sweet" to ask, but that she wasn't interested in being anything more than friends. Apparently that's all I am to anyone these days--friends and nothing more! Why is it that I make a great friend, and a great husband, but not someone to date or fall in love with? Am I that naieve? Or am I just undeserving to be loved? My stbew said that she could only see us being friends when she left. That after 6 years of marriage. What am I? Destined to be a friend forever?

--
Note: Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!" Also, due to the amount of "ad postings" that I have deleted lately, I've had to add a verification word before you can post, sorry.
--
A wise man once told me "Listen to the opinions of the extremes and you'll discover that the truth is somewhere in the middle."

2 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, September 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is just my opinion, but you are not over your stbew and you need to be before you can truly move on. When you are ready, the right woman will come along.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, September 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mike,

    You sound like a nice guy. I listen to a radio program that has good advice for people going through difficult times... Have you heard of New Life Live?

    http://www.newlife.com/

    Look for the book "How to get a date worth keeping". Worth checking out!

    Good luck..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home