Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

OK, I think I've had enough of this President!

Remember, I'm an INDEPENDENT! I will bash both Dem's/Repug's equally.

That being said, after reading what our President Bush has said this week, I am now firmly in the belief that he either has his head so far up his behind that he can't see anything except the crap he's pushing, or he's that naieve to believe his "yes-men" (so-called advisors) and trust what they are saying to be truth. Either way, he's proving himself to be more and more incompetent to hold the office of POTUS! So, from now on (until I determine that he's dug himself out of the hole he's dug for himself), I will be calling him President Bush-league!

Hurricane Katrina was a devastating blow to our nation and showed just how unprepared we are to help our own folks when they needed it most. President Bush-league should have over-ruled the mayor of NO and governors of LA and MS BEFORE the hurricane hit. He should have had troops on the ground within 24 hours and started the cleanup and rescue efforts within 48. After all, that's what we're supposed to do in case of terror attack, right? Well, this wasn't a terror attack, but terror reigned supreme in the days after Mother Nature took her blows on those poor folks. Sure, he went on TV Thursday to try and mend fences and take blame, but it was too little, too late. Then he says that the American people will be able to take on the additonal BILLIONS of $$$s in debt without raising taxes. I'd like to know where he's getting his money from and how I can tap into it! If he thinks that letting generations to come pay for his dealings now will be good, then he's more Bush-league than anyone could have ever imagined. He is supposed to be a Christian, right? Well, in that case then we shouldn't be in as deep in debt as we are as a country unless he's not following his Bible (which makes him a hypocrite). Now I understand that debt should be balanced, but this is getting WAY out of hand. Foreign countries own the majority of our debt and believe me, if they decide to cash in early, we could be in deep trouble! President Bush-league needs to understand that the rich people he gave tax cuts to can afford to give a little bit back in taxes, while the poor and lower middle-class could stand to have a few more tax breaks handed their way just so they can survive.

That's the way I see it, and I'm hopping off my soapbox...


--
Note: Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!" Also, due to the amount of "ad postings" that I have deleted lately, I've had to add a verification word before you can post, sorry.
--
A wise man once told me "Listen to the opinions of the extremes and you'll discover that the truth is somewhere in the middle."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home