Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Forcing of Beliefs on the American People is a BAD THING!!!!!!!

Well, as an overall moderate, I am tired of the conservatives and the liberals and their extremist viewpoints. I don't mind that they vocalize them, but what I do mind is that they try and force them upon me and others. The thing that makes America great is that we allow the freedom of ideas and expression and most of all the ability to CHOOSE whether or not to follow those convictions. I don't care that (insert your favorite topic here) is wrong/morally apprehensible/etc., because I don't have to choose to see/do/eat/etc. it (but I can if I want to). But when you do not allow me to have that choice its like when you tell a child that candy is bad for you--it makes the kid want it that much more, and they'll usually (not always, but frequently) go and do it just out of spite! No, the real way to get people to come around is to give them all of the correct information (both good AND bad) on both sides of any given topic and then let the person MAKE THEIR OWN INFORMED DECISION! Let them live with that decision, even if you don't agree with it, because it's not about you...it's about them!

--
Note: Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!" Also, due to the amount of "ad postings" that I have deleted lately, I've had to add a verification word before you can post, sorry.
--
A wise man once told me "Listen to the opinions of the extremes and you'll discover that the truth is somewhere in the middle."

2 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, January 24, 2006, Blogger Mike said…

    It's too bad too many Christians don't believe the teachings of Jesus Christ and His philosophy of letting each and every person make their own decision. Contrary to popular belief, God is not making the decisions on who goes to heaven or hell, it's every man and woman that can take the responsibility for their own decisions.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Trailady said…

    Totally agree with you on this. God doesn't want forced religion from anyone. He wants relationship- heart to heart connections.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home