Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Comments on the Senate Compromise

South Knox Bubba comments on the "compromise" by the moderates on the confirmation of nominees. As a modeate myself, I applaud the wisdom that moderates on both sides came together and decided to keep the filibuster intact. Sure, Democrats are fuming that Bush gets votes on most of his blocked justices, but get over it. Bush doesn't get all of them. Conservative Republicans will get their up or down votes, but they really wanted that "nuclear option" to pass. Well, guess what, remember when y'all were in the minority, those cycles continue to come around and if that option had passed, it would have been used against you!

Anyway, its probably time for the moderates to create their own party (if only it weren't so hard to crack the 2 party system).

Well, duh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home