Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Relaxation!

After the day I've had (regular work and working on taxes!), I'm ready to just collapse! Can the folks in Washington make it any more difficult to get money from ordinary citizens, or for those same citizens to get their money back? I paid my fair share of taxes, contributed to the economy, volunteered a whole lot of my time and effort to causes I believe in and for what? 45,622 pages of code that even my tax program made it difficult for me to file? Well, at least I'm finally done and I'm taking the weekend off from the computer! Nothing from me until Monday! Have a good weekend all-y'all.

--
Note:The original opinions shown on this blog are mine unless quoted from someone else via "" marks and () showing source. Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!"
--
A wise man once told me "Listen to the opinions of the extremes and you'll discover that the truth is somewhere in the middle."

2 Comments:

  • At 5:35 PM, April 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you actually have to read all 45,622 pages to get your taxes done?

    I can't imagine what's in there but I only had to file Schedules A, B, D, and E and the cap gains page. Guess it took me about 8 hours over 2 days.

    Any way, just read about your blogs at No Silence Here. Good luck to you.

     
  • At 7:29 AM, April 21, 2005, Blogger Mike said…

    Thanks. No, I didn't read through them all, but God bless all those tax pros that do. I would probably go mad if I had to read it all, and yet there are people that have to do that every year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home