Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Friday, April 22, 2005

My First Sermon

No, I'm not a preacher, if that's what you're going to say. I'm just a guy that happens to be giving a sermon this weekend. My normal job is fixing PC's, and I do find that very enjoyable. But preaching is something I've been looking forward to since I became an elder in my local church. I think it's because it gets me out of my comfort zone. I've been planning out this sermon since the beginning of the year, and I've gone through so many drafts, that I think that if I were to have actually printed all of them, it would fill a small landfill (or at least one of those 30' Mixed Paper Recycling Bins). I'm just praying that I do a good job and that the good Lord gives me the right words to say and that I don't blabber on forever.

--
Note:The original opinions shown on this blog are mine unless quoted from someone else via "" marks and () showing source. Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!"
--
A wise man once told me "Listen to the opinions of the extremes and you'll discover that the truth is somewhere in the middle."

2 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM, April 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's your topic. How about your wise man quote.

    Anyway, good luck.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, April 24, 2005, Blogger Mike said…

    That's my next sermon. This one was "Doing the impossible", you know like feeding 5,000, walking on water, healing people instantly, etc.

    Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home