Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Preaching for the 1st Time...Whew!

After nearly 4 months of preparation, and literally weeks of actual input, I finally preached my first sermon yesterday. I have never felt so mentally and physically exhausted in all my life. I have newfound respect for all you pastors out there who do this week-in and week-out! And that doesn't include all the other work that they do.

Being up there in the "minister's seat" for the first time was a rush that I never expected. I set up a "tele-prompter" (basically a bunch of PowerPoint slides), in case I forgot where I was, but it didn't work properly, and I was glad I'd printed out a copy of my sermon (although for next time, I'll print it out in LARGE type). Adrenaline took over after the initial shock and I only lost my spot twice. People said that I did a good job and didn't look as frazzled as I felt (which made me feel good about the experience).

I enjoyed preaching. I'll probably do it again, but after I've had a bit of a rest to come back to my mental senses...I'm glad I only do this once in a while.

--
Note:The original opinions shown on this blog are mine unless quoted from someone else via "" marks and () showing source. Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!"
--
A wise man once told me "Listen to the opinions of the extremes and you'll discover that the truth is somewhere in the middle."

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home