Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Dilemas, Dilemas...

Well, I find myself having to choose whether or not to make myself happy or my family happy.
I've been planning an Alaskan cruise since last year, but now my older brother and his wife are pregnant for the 2nd time and are coming to the US (from their missionary home in Kenya) to have the birth of said child. Of course, now my family is telling me to cancel my vacation, come visit them and basically cater to my brother's every whim while they're here. I'm highly inclined to say no (since I've put down a pretty good sized deposit), but on the other hand it may be nice to see them. I'm just tired of having to be the one to "keep the peace". Life would be so much easier if I didn't have to deal with family, but unfortunately it comes with the territory, doesn't it...
--
Note: Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!" Also, due to the amount of "ad postings" that I have deleted lately, I've had to add a verification word before you can post, sorry.
--
A wise man once told me "Listen to the opinions of the extremes and you'll discover that the truth is somewhere in the middle."

3 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, January 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do it for yourself. Cruise, baby cruise. Chill out and enjoy.

    By the way why the Alaskan cruise? this is for the siver generation.

    I thought you we're young and looking?

    I am single and cruise the Carribean.

    Susie

     
  • At 9:31 AM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Mike said…

    Yes, I'm young and looking, but I have been fascinated by Alaska ever since I was a kid and for some odd reason want to go, so I thought I'd take the opportunity. Since I'm a nature photographer by hobby, Alaska is usually the spot for the most untouched wilderness in the Western Hemisphere.

    I might consider the Carribean later, but since that's where my ex-wife & I spent our honeymoon, I don't think so right now.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Trailady said…

    Do your own thing. You can't MAKE someone else happy. Happiness is their own choice & shouldn't be based on your choices. Family is important, but take this time for you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home