Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Relationships: It's all about the...

...3 factors. Well, in my life, I've found that when it comes to relationships, there are 3 factors involved and they all have to be perfect in order for a relationship to occur. They are commitment, timing AND the free will of someone else willing to do the other two with you. Well, I never have a problem with the first one and the last one usually isn't bad, but my TIMING sucks! Either I'm too early, or too late. However, this time, I've discovered a 4th factor--distance. Nobody ever told me to take into account distance. But this time, I find myself doing just that. A "friend" I have been talking to lives 500+ miles away from my home here in ET. If that number was 50 or even 100, I might seriously consider pursuing a relationship, but 500 is just not going to happen. Sure a lot of you will say "absence makes the heart grow fonder," but more of you will say "out of sight, out of mind!" We've both said that we can't/won't move from where we are, so I guess "friends" is what this will have to be. Oh well...I guess I'll have to deal with that reality.
--
Note: Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!" Also, due to the amount of "ad postings" that I have deleted lately, I've had to add a verification word before you can post, sorry.
--
A wise man once told me "Listen to the opinions of the extremes and you'll discover that the truth is somewhere in the middle."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home