Mike's Musings

I'll be posting my musings from time to time on various subjects some just because I feel like it, others because I'm mad, still others because I want to make the world a better place. Now that the "d" is done, it's time to move on to other things. I'm reminding myself that life is just too short to focus on just one thing.

Friday, October 28, 2005

How I feel about life....

Two Dollars in the Jukebox

I've Got Two dollars in the jukebox,
And five dollars in a bottle,
And ten more just in case that don't do the trick!
And I'll be dead broke tomorrow morning,
With heart-aches by the dozen,
And a lady on my mind thats driving me crazy.

Why do I?
Why DO I?
Need to see those blue eyes
Lookin at me that way again?
After the way she did me,
Its a sin!

How could she?
How could she?
Just walk out and leave me?
After all these nights in her arms,
Look where I am!

And I've GotTwo dollars in the jukebox,
And five dollars in a bottle,
And ten more just in case that don't do the trick!
And I'll be dead broke tomorrow morning,
With heart-aches by the dozen,
And a lady on my mind thats driving me crazy.

I've got a lady on my mind thats driving me crazy!
--Eddie Rabbitt

If you've ever been heartbroken and wanted to drink it away, that's about how I feel. But since I'm not a drinker anymore (as I have alcoholic tendancies), I don't know what to do. Right now I move from one extreme to another and I feel like my life really doesn't have any meaning anymore. When you live your life as a couple and always think about how things affect the other half, it really screws things up when you have the other half ripped out of you. I know from my training as a psychologist that these things will take time to get over, but it's not easy. At least I am taking it one day at a time and trusting that God will bring me through to the other side. That doesn't mean, however, that I won't be tempted to do some things that are wrong, but I'm hoping that I don't put myself in that situation to begin with. But with my emotional state, I never know where I may end up. The last time I felt like this I flew down to Florida and then drove to Pennsylvania and then took a bus back home to Michigan just because I was a mess. Who knows what'll happen this time.

--
Note: Remember, these are only opinions and if you really want to convince me otherwise, post your own response. "Go ahead, make my day!" Also, due to the amount of "ad postings" that I have deleted lately, I've had to add a verification word before you can post, sorry.
--
A wise man once told me "Listen to the opinions of the extremes and you'll discover that the truth is somewhere in the middle."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home